What We Do Approach to Microfinance
We believe that access to financial services is a sustainable means of poverty alleviation leading to lasting, holistic development. Financial tools and training empower entrepreneurs to build businesses, support their families and transform their communities.
Many people in poor communities have the drive and determination to work hard but all they need is an opportunity. This is where we come in.
We work alongside carefully selected local partners to ensure that people have the access to loans, training and savings that enable them to lift themselves out of poverty. These tailored services equip clients to develop businesses, to save and to insure against an uncertain future.
How does it work?
We’re local. We are there, on the ground, forming local partnerships and enlisting experts to support new businesses and schools that fuel the economy of the community.
Working through local partners ensures we are best meeting the needs of the families we seek to serve. Loan officers and staff of these partners speak the local languages, understand community challenges and concerns and, in doing so, enable YOU to have a greater impact.
Committed to helping families transform their lives, we only partner with capable local organisations that share our mission and values. We look for partners:
- With a primary objective of helping people out of poverty.
- Wherever possible, that work in the poorest, largely unserved regions.
- Operating within a market that exhibits a relevant ‘gap’, with conditions that are favourable for microfinance.
- With sound strategies that show their continued intent to help people out of poverty.
- That demonstrate commitment to meeting people’s needs and having an impact.
Because we are committed to being good stewards of your donations, we partner with organisations that can operate sustainably. We look for partners with:
- Excellent, inspiring leadership.
- Strong risk management and governance.
- A solid operating platform and capable staff.
- Good financial performance and an ability to manage significant growth.
- Comprehensive business plans and projections underpinning a sound future.
- A history of financial self-sufficiency or, for start-ups, a forecast to be so within two years.
We are in it for the long haul
We seek to build long-term partnerships to ensure families are being served sustainably and effectively.
- Approach to Microfinance
- How We Work
- Who We Serve
- Where We Work
- Meet The Clients
- Our Impact